- 1 banana cut into roughly 1 inch pieces
- ~1/4 cup of peanut butter, creamy of chunk works but it needs to be thicker and not drippy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips of choice
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- optional nuts or sprinkles for topping
- Top each of your banana slices with about a heaping teaspoon of peanut butter. I usually just eyeball this and put as much on there as seems will stay nicely. Place a toothpick in each and place in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Carefully dip each of the banana bites into the chocolate so that the banana is mostly covered. I left the peanut butter part mostly uncovered but you can cover that as well if you wish.
- Place on a parchment lined plate and top with desired toppings. Put back in the freezer for 10 minutes. I like to store mine in the freezer until ready to eat so that they’re almost like a little ice cream bite.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan snack, healthy snack, banana bites