This Chocolate Mug Cake is SO ridiculously easy to make and comes together (start to finish) in less than 5 minutes! It’s dairy free, egg free, and completely vegan.
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar (you can use coconut sugar or brown sugar if desired)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of mild tasting oil (I tested this with melted coconut oil as well as canola oil)
- splash of vanilla extract (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (I tested this with 2% as well as unflavored almond milk)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of chocolate chips
- Pick a mug that can hold about 2 cups of liquid if filled to the very top. We’re not going to fill this to the top but since the cake batter will rise a lot, you need around an inch between the batter and the top of the mug. Obviously this will vary depending on how wide your mug is so just go with something that can hold about 2 cups of liquid.
- In your mug, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly so that it’s completely mixed together.
- Add in the oil, vanilla, and milk. Mix the batter until the flour is completely absorbed. Make sure to stir into the corners thoroughly as flour can get stuck there. Add in the chocolate chips and give it a couple more stirs.
- Place in the microwave on top of a paper towel (just in case the batter spills over) and microwave for 2 minutes. Once done, let cool for a minute and ENJOY! I topped mine with a drizzle of peanut butter and some additional chocolate chips.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mug cake, vegan dessert, easy dessert