These 5 ingredient chocolate truffles are easy to make and have a delicious secret ingredient in them!
- 8 ounces of good quality chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream*
- 1.5 ounces (~1 shot) of Amaretto liqueur such as Disarrono*
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder OR
- ⅓ cup of almonds, very finely chopped*
- Add the chopped chocolate to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the cream to a simmer and immediately remove from heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and whisk together until all the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the Amaretto and vanilla and stir until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth. Cover the bowl and store in the fridge to cool for about 4 hours.
- After the mixture has chilled, use a cookie scoop to create 1” spheres. Roll the truffles in the cacao powder or almonds and enjoy chilled.
- To store: place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Cream: for a dairy free version, you can swap the heavy whipping cream with coconut cream (the thick part from a can of coconut milk without the watery liquid part)
Amaretto: as desired, the liqueur can be left out completely
Cocoa Powder: you really only need 1/3 cup of cocoa powder OR 1/3 cup of the almonds but I like to use half and half for a variety of truffles.
Almonds: you can either very finely chop them with a knife or pulse them in a food processor.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chocolate truffles, amaretto dessert, amaretto truffles