- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/4– 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (depending on your likeness to cilantro)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- optional: green onion for serving
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Using minimal oil (I use olive oil spray), saute your onion until it begins to turn transparent, about 7-10 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked and the onion is sauteed, combine the quinoa, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in one big bowl. Stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe makes enough for 2 rather large servings (perfect if you’re eating it as a meal) or 4 moderate side servings.