Cinnamon French Toast is such a delicious breakfast treat! This recipe is easy and takes less than 15 minutes to make! Thick cut slices of bread are dipped in a flavorful homemade cinnamon-flavored custard, then cooked until golden brown on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Serve with maple syrup for the perfect weekend breakfast or special occasion brunch!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 6 thickly cut slices of bread
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk lightly until fully combined.
- Over medium heat, spray a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and let soak on each side for a good few seconds. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon into the egg mixture as needed (I find that a lot of my cinnamon gets stuck on the edges of the pan).
- Cook the bread in the skillet for ~4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Once done, top with syrup, fruit, and a dusting of powdered sugar and ENJOY!!
Store leftover French toast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can toast slices in the toaster or heat them up in the oven for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 930.5 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 140.7 mg
Keywords: French toast, French toast recipe