Wonderful Cinnamon Oatmeal is extra flavorful and fluffy, not mushy. It’s way better than any instant oats! This oatmeal recipe is not only easy, but cozy, comforting, and SO delicious. You will be craving oatmeal every single morning! Plus, when you ditch the packets, you can make your bowl of oats exactly how you like them.
- 1 cup of milk or water*
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For serving: additional sweetener, cinnamon, nuts, apples
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk/water to a boil. Once boiling, stir in the oats, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook the oatmeal, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in any additional sweetener and add any toppings as desired. Serve and enjoy!
*I often make this with oat milk or coconut milk. Both result in a deliciously creamy texture in the oatmeal. But water also works well!
Leftover oatmeal can be refrigerated for up to about 5 days or frozen for 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove, adding milk or water as needed for the right consistency.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: stovetop oatmeal, cinnamon oatmeal recipe, easy oatmeal recipe