For the muffins:
- 2 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a glu20 free 2–2 substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 medium banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin (you can also use liners but I still recommend giving the muffin liners a god spray with cooking oil).
- In a large bowl, mash your 2 bananas until very few lumps remain. Add in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Into the same bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the topping.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the muffin cups. Top with the crumble topping, evenly distributing it across the 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
*You can certainly make these banana muffins WITHOUT the topping and they still taste great. You could mix in 2/3 cup of fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan muffins, banana muffins, coffee cake muffins