- 1 cup whole cashews (raw unsalted is best but roasted/ salted will work too)
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 6–8 large basil leaves
- 8 ounces of dry pasta
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- S&P to taste
- Soak cashews in water for at least 1 hour but ideally overnight. When ready to cook, drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place the cashews in a food processor or blender with 1 cup of water and blend until smooth. Add in the basil and pulse a few times so that the basil is chopped up but not completely blended in. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted water. Once done, save 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallot and garlic in olive oil over medium low heat.
- Once tender, turn heat to low and add into the skillet the pasta, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of the cashew cream sauce. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and serve up!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes