Creamy Garlic Dressing is a flavorful blend of roasted garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and maple syrup (or honey). This easy vegan salad dressing recipe is delicious drizzled over your favorite salads or grain bowls, or used as a dip for veggies!
- 2 whole heads of garlic
- 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar (regular white or white wine vinegar also work well)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of water (plus more to thin as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the top off of the garlic, so that the tops of the cloves are exposed. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and wrap the heads in foil. Place the foil directly into the oven or place it on a baking tray and put in the oven. Roast for 45 minutes or until very soft and browned on the top. Let cool to the touch.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skin and into a blender. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. You can also whisk everything together, but I prefer blending to fully emulsify the garlic.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and ENJOY!
This dressing will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Simply give it a stir (or a shake) before using it.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Roast + Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 221.1 mg
- Fat: 9.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dressing, garlic dressing