Creamy Lemon Pasta is a vegetarian-friendly recipe made with just a handful of easy ingredients. Ready to serve in under 30 minutes!
- 8 ounces of pasta
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons of butter, cut into 1 tablespoon chunks and divided
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup of finely grated parmesan
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of flour to thicken sauce
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. You want it to be *slightly* undercooked as it will cook a little more in the skillet with the sauce. Be sure to save ½ cup of the pasta water.
- When the pasta has 5 minutes left, start the sauce. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Whisk in the lemon zest and cream and continue to whisk until the liquid comes to a gentle simmer.
- Add the remaining butter in, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring continuously until all of the butter is added and melted. If your pasta is not yet done, remove the sauce from the heat.
- Once the pasta is done, return the sauce skillet to the heat over medium and whisk in ½ cup of the pasta water. Then transfer the pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir to coat.
- Mix in the parmesan until it’s fully melted. Finally, add in the lemon juice and stir to combine. The sauce should be a little on the thinner side but it thickens quickly as it begins to cool. However, if you think it’s too thin, you can sprinkle on a teaspoon of flour and stir to mix.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
- To store. Place leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. We do not recommend freezing this pasta dish.
- To reheat. Gently rewarm leftovers in a Dutch oven or large pot on the stovetop over medium-low heat, splashing in cream, almond milk, regular milk or water as needed to loosen the sauce. You can also reheat individual servings in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 948
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 451.2 mg
- Fat: 53.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 91.5 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
- Cholesterol: 146.9 mg
Keywords: lemon pasta, creamy lemon pasta, lemon garlic pasta