This Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is so easy to make and a deliciously cheesy meal!
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons of vodka (optional)*
- 1 cup of heavy cream (see note below for a vegan version!)
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, start the sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat up the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic and shallot and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin puree and cook for 1 additional minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in vodka and then add in the cream and pepper flakes and mix to combine.
- Mix in the cooked pasta as well as ½ cup of pasta water, the butter, and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan!
Vodka – you can easily leave out the vodka and this will still taste amazing! Maybe save a little extra pasta water in case you want the sauce a little thinner.
To make this vegan – you can swap the cream for thick oat milk or (my preference) for full fat coconut milk. You could leave out the parmesan and simply add in a little nutritional yeast HOWEVER, I would suggest picking up some vegan parmesan (Violife makes an amazing one!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin pasta, savory pumpkin recipe, gigi hadid pasta