This Tofu Pasta Sauce is SUPER simple to throw together and your new favorite lazy dinner :)
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1 block of silken tofu (about 15oz)*
- 1 cup of plant based milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste (I added 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth with no lumps remaining.
- Pour the sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over medium until warmed through. Toss in cooked pasta until the pasta is fully covered in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy! I served mine with fresh basil and some diced sun dried tomatoes.
This would technically work with other types of tofu but if you want it silky smooth, I suggest using silken tofu for this sauce!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovertop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan pasta sauce, tofu pasta, tofu sauce