This Creamy Vegan Pasta is great for date night or even just a simple and delicious vegan family dinner!
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked for 5+ hours or even overnight
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped*
- 6 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to the base of a blender along with the soaked cashews, water, sea salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth. Depending on your cashews and blender, you might need to blend it for a good few minutes to get all of the grain out. Set aside.
- In the same skillet you used for the onions, add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and heat the skillet over medium. Add in the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms have softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Into the skillet with the mushrooms, add in the cashew sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook on low for 5 minutes to let the sauce heat through and thicken just a bit.
- Stir in the pasta and sun dried tomatoes until fully combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and ENJOY!
*we’ll be blending these in a blender after they’re sautéed so no need to cut them super small
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pasta, creamy pasta, cashew pasta sauce