- 1 1/2 pounds of small red potatoes
- cooking spray
- sea salt
- pepper to taste
- garlic or onion powder for sprinkling
- herbs for topping (I used cilantro but any fresh herb would be lovely!)
- To boil your potatoes, add them to a large pot and cover them with water so that they’re fully submerged. Heat the water on high and when it begins to boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender enough to be pierced with a fork rather easily. Remove from heat.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the potatoes cool, pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a large baking tray.
- Once the oven is nearly pre-heated, prepare the potatoes by lining them up on your baking tray and smashing them with a large spoon or a cup. I used a cup placed in the center of the potato and pressed down until the potato cracked and became rather flat.
- Gently spray the top of the potatoes with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper and garlic powder (optional). Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown around the edges.
- Take out of the oven and let cool slightly.
- The sriracha mayo is simply 2 parts vegan mayo and 1 part sriracha (or less/ more depending on how spicy you want it).
- Top with sauce (if using) and herbs and ENJOY!!