Easy and delicious Crockpot Potato Soup!!
- 2 pounds of potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces (I used yukon gold)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of broth (I used veggie broth)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk (can use any milk that you prefer- for a thicker soup, I suggest whole milk or even half and half)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of sour cream
- In a crockpot, combine onion, potatoes, garlic, and broth. Cook on higher for 3-4 hours or low for about 6 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve the soup, make your flour mixture. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for an additional couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened considerably.
- Pour the sauce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender if needed), puree about ⅓ of the soup (or more if desired).
- top with your favorite potato fixings and ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: crockpot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: slow cooker, crockpot, potato soup