- 1 box of spiral pasta how much (typically about 1 pound or 16 ounces)
- 1 English cucumber, de-seeded and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo, plus a bit more if pasta is too dry
- 4 tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon of white wine or plain vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- optional: pinch of sugar
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until it reaches your desired doneness. Once done, set aside to cool while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, dill, salt, pepper, garlic powder, vinegar, mustard, and sugar (if using). Mix until thoroughly combined.
- When ready to finish the pasta salad, you can run the pasta under a bit of cold water to cool it down (assuming you want cold pasta salad). Alternatively, you can mix the pasta salad as is and let it cool off in the fridge before eating.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, dressing, onion, and cucumber. Stir until fully combined and the pasta and veggies are well coated in the dressing. If desired, you can add a bit more mayo OR make a double batch of the dressing if you want the salad quite a bit more wet. **see note above about doubling the dressing recipe!
- Serve up and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 582 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.3 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cucumber pasta salad, vegan pasta salad