This Curried Chickpea Salad comes together in no time and will be your new favorite meal prep recipe!
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- ⅔ cups of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cup of green peas (I used frozen and thawed them before adding to the salad)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Fine sea salt to taste (I usually end up with about 1 teaspoon)
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and use a fork to mash about 1/4 of them so that you still have a decent bit of whole chickpeas left (see video for reference).
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper and ENJOY!
- Store in an air tight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
*as desired, you can easily swap out any of the veggies for whatever you have on hand
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan lunch, chickpea salad, chickpea sandwich