These Date Brownies are so simple to make and deliciously naturally sweetened!
- 3/4 cup of packed Natural Delights Medjool Dates , pitted ~10 medium Medjool Dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (I’ve also tried these with PB and they turned out great!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend together the dates, almond butter and water until the dates are almost fully broken down and a paste forms. You may need to stop and scrap the sides of the food processor a few times. This will take about a minute of blending.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) and blend until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter (it’ll be pretty thick) into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly into the pan. Top with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan brownies, sugar free brownies, flourless brownies