Easy sauteed brussels sprouts with caramelized medjool dates!
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts (can be fresh OR frozen and thawed), rinsed
- 12 ounces of Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ~1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 ounces of crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, cut off the stems and slice the brussels sprouts in half from the stem area to the top of the sprout.
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine half of the oil and half of the butter and heat until butter is just melted all the way through.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper until the sprouts are evenly covered.
- Cook over medium heat, toss occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the brussels sprouts begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic as well as the remaining oil and butter and cook, tossing occasionally, for an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove the sprouts to a clean bowl and return the skillet to the heat.
- Over medium heat, place the dates into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. This will lightly caramelize the dates.
- Add the Brussels sprouts back in and toss to combine. Let cool slightly and serve warm with a sprinkle of goat cheese on top. ENJOY!!
These Brussels sprouts are , however, I do enjoy leftovers served over a salad and they will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For best results, reheat leftovers in a skillet on the stovetop to crisp everything up. You can also reheat in the microwave, if preferred.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 34.4 g
- Sodium: 741.8 mg
- Fat: 19.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.3 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 28.3 mg
Keywords: date recipes, medjool dates savory dish, date brussels sprouts