These Date bars are so simple to make and come together in no time!
- 1 ½ cups of Natural Delights Medjool dates, pitted (about 10–12 total dates)
- 1 ½ cup of nuts (I used a mix of cashews and almonds but really anything would work well!)
- ⅔ cup of chocolate chips*
- Optional drizzle: 2 tablespoons of runny peanut butter + ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes to soften them (I recommend even longer if your dates are old or on the harder side). Drain the water and lightly squeeze the dates to release excess moisture.
- Place the dates in a blender or food processor and pulse a few times to break them down some. Add in the nuts and pulse until the nuts are broken into smaller pieces as shown in the photos (a few larger chunks are okay too!).
- In a small baking dish (I used an 8×6″ little dish but a bread pan also works) lined with parchment paper, press the date and nut mixture into the bottom so that it’s even.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl by microwaving it in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Pour the chocolate over the date mixture and spread it out evenly.
- If using the peanut butter drizzle, microwave the peanut butter + coconut oil until combined and then drizzle it over the chocolate. I used a tooth pick to kind of swirl it in but that’s not necessary.
- Place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate is fully hardened. Slice and ENJOY! I suggest storing leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container.
*you could do ¼ – ½ cup of chocolate for a lighter version!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: snack
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan snack, date bars, date nut bars