- 7 ounce of chocolate, I used an extra dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 Natural Delights medjool dates, pitted
- ⅓ cups of peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1–4 tablespoons of water
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- optional: sea salt for topping
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin liners. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate and the coconut oil in a small bowl and melt. This can be done either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 20-30 seconds spurts, stirring in between.
- Pour a heaping 1/2 tablespoon into each muffin liner. Using a spoon, gentle press the chocolate 1/4 of the way up the sides of the muffin liners. Place in the fridge wile you make the filling.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the dates, peanut butter, pumpkin, 1 tablespoon of water and pumpkin pie spice. Blend. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to get your blender going. You want as little water as possible but a little is likely necessary.
- Divid the pumpkin mixture evenly into the muffin cups on top of the chocolate. Spoon a heaping 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate on top of each cup and tap the muffin tray lightly to smooth them out. Top with sea salt if desired.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to harden up and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cups, homemade peanut butter cups, date sweetened dessert