- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk (or other nondairy milk)
- heaping 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup of nondairy chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line or spray a 12 cup muffin tin (could also use a 6 cup jumbo muffin tin).
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sea salt, baking soda, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, applesauce, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Making a well in the center of the dry ingredients, fold in the wet ingredients until just mixed together fully. Try and avoid over stirring. Gently stir 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tins, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, and place in the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes (assuming standard sized muffins). Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast