These SIMPLE Apple Tart comes together in no time and is the perfect fall treat!
For the crust:
- 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced*
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10 inch tart pan (ideally one that has a removable bottom).
- Start by prepping the apples: In a large bowl, toss together the apples, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, lemon juice, and 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon + vanilla. Mix until the apples are coated and set aside.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, sat, and cinnamon and then use a rubber spatula to fold in the melted butter until fully combined.
- Press the crust into the pan with your fingers so that it goes up the sides evenly and is tightly packed into the pan.
- Arrange the apples in clusters that are lightly fanned out and place them neatly into the crust. I like the alternate the direction that the apples are going to make it visually pleasing. You can also arrange the apples in the tart one at a time so that they make a circular patter starting from the center and going outwards.
- Sprinkle the tart with 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and place the small cubes of butter all around the tart (see photo for reference).
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is a deep golden brown and the apples are tender. Optioanal: brush with a little additional butter to keep the apples moist and ENJOY!
*tart apples such as granny smith are often used in baking but really whatever you have on hand will work well. I used gala apples!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy tart, apple tart, easy apple tart