- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/4 cup dried lentils
- 2 small red potato, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk, non-dairy (plain) or regular
- for topping: vegan sour cream (or regular if you wish), extra green onion
- Heat oil in large pot. Add in onion, green onion, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup parsley and the cumin, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils, potatoes, carrots, broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Cook covered for 30- 40 minutes or until lentils become tender.
- Optional: in several batches, puree the soup until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the milk.
- Serve and top with a bit of vegan sour cream and green onion.
- Category: Dinner