This grilled salad is perfect for grilling season and such a fun way to serve summer veggies!
For the salad:
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, cut in half longways
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthways (or quartered if larger)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- optional for topping: Sunflower seeds, pine nuts or other seed/ nut
- 1 bag of Ocean Mist Season and Steam Sweet Baby Broccoli
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup of mayo (vegan as desired)
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of dill (fresh or dried)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat your grill to high heat (about 400 degrees).
- Lay out the lettuce, corn, zucchini and bell pepper on a tray or large plate. Brush all of the veggies with a light layer of the oil. You can also use cooking spray for this.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for 8 minutes, rotating 1/4 of a turn halfway through. After the 8 minutes, add on the zucchini and bell pepper and grill for 5 additional minutes. Rotate the corn about 1/4 turn and flip the bell pepper and zucchini at this point. Finally Add on the romaine lettuce, cut side down, and grill everything for 4 additional minutes. During the LAST minute, flip the romaine to grill on he other side.
- Remove everything from the grill to cool slightly. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn from the cobb and dice up the bell pepper + zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Cook the Season and Steam broccoli according to package directions, let cool slightly, and chop.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve by topping a romaine half with the corn and chopped veggies + broccoli. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minuts
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: grilled salad, summer salad