- 3 large extra ripe avocados**, de-seeded and skin removed
- 2/3 cup of chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/4 of a red onion finely chopped, (end up being about 1/2 a cup)
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- optional: salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, place all of the avocados and using a fork, mash until you reach your desired consistency. I really like mine extra creamy but some people like there to be some chunky of avocado still in their dip.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Test and add in anything extra that you desire. Sometimes I add in more onions or cilantro or garlic or salsa. Totally depends on my mood :)
- Serve with a big ole bowl of tortilla chips and ENJOY!!
**It’s very important that the avocados are at least mildly ripe other wise you’ll never be able to mash them properly.
This recipe is good for a small gathering of about 6 people. If making for a bigger party, I would definitely double it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes