- 4 oz of ricotta cheese
- 2 oz of cottage cheese (can also substitute this for more ricotta)
- 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, shredded*
- 1/8 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 fresh egg
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup of pasta sauce, divided in half
- 1 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded or in small chunks
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees F and spray a (roughly) 9×9 inch pan or similar oval pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your noodles according to package directions. Once done, drain and run under cold water to cool the noodles down.
- To make the ricotta filling: stir together all f the ricotta ingredients and set aside until the noodles are ready.
- In the bottom of your pan, spread out 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce.
- Lay all of your noodles flat and divide the cheese mixture evenly among the 8 noodles, spreading the mixture out evenly across each. Roll each noodle up loosely and arrange them in your baking dish.
- Top the rolls with the remaining pasta sauce and the mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!
*you can sub for mozzarella if vegetarian
- Category: dinner
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: italian
Keywords: italian, lasagna, vegetarian, dinner