- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree*
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried sage
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk, unflavored (can use other non flavored milk if desired..I also tested this with half n half)
- S&P to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in the onion, garlic, and sage and sautee for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to a blender or food processor and add in the remaining ingredients: pumpkin, milk, and salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Add the sauce in the skillet used to saute the veggies and heat until warmed through.
- Serve with you favorite pasta, over gnocchi, or however else you desire!
*You can also use freshly roasted chunks of pumpkin similar to in this recipe: https://foodwithfeeling.com/butternut-squash-pasta-sauce/
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pumpkin, sauce, vegan, cream sauce