- 1 shallot, finely diced and divided
- 2 small roma tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of cilantro, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated pepper jack cheese
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the shallot, and half of the cilantro. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Once melted, add in the remaining shallot, salt, and the jalapeno and saute for 3 minutes. Stirring often.
- Pour in the flour and cook until the flour is completely absorbed, about a minute.
- Whisk in the milk and then bring to a light simmer. Stirring often, let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes until it has thickened considerably.
- Stir in the cheeses and continue stirring until all of the cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining cilantro.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with the tomato mixture. ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dips
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: queso, cheese, dip, football