- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and either sliced thinly or chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch + 2 tablespoons of water
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it’s completely melted, add in the apples and stir until they are fully coated in the butter. Sautee for 7-10 minutes until nice and tender to your liking. The cook time depends on the thickness of your apples.
- While the apples cook, stir together the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once the apples are tender, take the pan off of the heat and immediately stir in the cornstarch slurry. Once combined, stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: stovetop, sauteed, apples, breakfast, fall