For Tempeh marinade:
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
For the fajitas:
- 8 ounce package of tempeh, cut into thin slices (as pictured)
- Oil for pan
- 2 bell peppers, I used 1 red and 1 green
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- Optional for serving: tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, cheese. keep it simple!
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients.
- Add in the tempeh slices to the marinade and toss until each piece is covered in the marinade. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and the bell peppers. Salt and pepper a bit to taste. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the onion is translucent and the peppers are beginning to get tender.
- Add in the tempeh and toss with the peppers and onions. Cook until the tempeh is heated through thoroughly. No more than about 5 minutes.
- Assemble your fajitas according to liking and ENJOY immediately :)