This Easy Tofu Scramble is a quick and delicious vegan breakfast to throw together! Vegan ‘eggs’ are made with a block of tofu and simple seasonings. Filled with plant based protein, this dish is a healthy way to start your day!
- 12oz block of firm or extra-firm tofu (if yours is a bit more or less, that’s totally fine!)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the block of tofu from the container and discard the liquid. You don’t need to press the tofu for a long time but pat it dry really good with a towel or paper towels to dry off the outside.
- Break the tofu into large chunks that are about 1 1/2 inches big (very roughly). The tofu will break up more in the pan so I like to start with larger chunks.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the tofu chunks and remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and continue to cook for about 8 minutes. You want the tofu to be completely warmed through and broken up a bit more.
- Remove from heat and ENJOY! I like to eat mine with toast and avocado as well as a little hot sauce.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to about 3 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, breakfast, tofu