Everyone will love these super simple Tofu Tacos!
- 15 oz of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite salsa
- Pat the tofu dry (no need to press it*) and crumble it into small bite sized pieces.
- In the same bowl with the tofu, mix in the olive oil and taco seasoning and mix until the tofu is fully coated.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and once hot, add in the tofu crumbles. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the tofu is browned and a little crispy on the edges. If it starts to stick, you can add in a little oil.
- Stir in the salsa and cook for 2 additional minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
- Enjoy with you favorite taco toppings!
*Cooking it in the skillet really does a great job of steaming the excess moisture out of the tofu but feel free to press it a little if you’d like!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: tacos
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 268
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 410.2 mg
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4 g
- Protein: 20.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan, tofu, taco