EASY Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes- this vegan cupcake recipe comes together in just ONE big bowl and bake in right at 20 minutes! So decadent and fluffy and no one will ever even know they’re vegan!
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups of organic cane sugar or granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder
- ⅔ cup of melted coconut oil (get unrefined if you want it to be virtually tasteless), vegetable or coanola oil also work
- 1 ½ tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups of milk, any kind works here (I tested it with almond milk and regular dairy milk), at room temperature*
- ½ cup of apple sauce unsweetened, at room temperature*
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cupcake tins (makes roughly 18-20 cupcakes) and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the apple cider vinegar and milk. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with an electric mixer or even just a whisk), combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder. Mix.
- Add in the oil, milk/ apple cider vinegar mixture, vanilla, almond extract, and apple sauce. Mix until just combined (be careful not to over mix), scrapping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the batter evenly between your cupcake tins filling each about 3/4 of the way full. I’ve made this where I filled them pretty high and got 18 cupcakes and another time where I ended up with 20.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
*I’ve found that putting cold milk and apple sauce into the mixture makes it so that the cake sinks down in the middle just a little. It will still taste great though.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan baking, cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes