Easy Vegan Meatballs- these vegetarian meatballs are so simple to make and perfect for delicious weeknight meals!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, sliced or roughly chopped (we’ll be blending them later so size doesn’t matter)
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice (I used basmati rice but brown rice or even another grain such as quinoa would work well)
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute the onion and mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the onion mixture to a food processor along with the rice, flour, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Pulse until everything is combined and comes together.
- Form the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and set aside.
- In the same skillet pour in enough oil to fully cover the bottom of the skillet. Set over medium heat. Once hot, add in the meatballs so that they’re not overcrowded. Cook until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes per side. Add more oil as needed so that skillet has a thin layer covering it.
- Serve with spaghetti or however you enjoy your meatballs :D
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: italian, vegan, vegetarian meatballs, vegan dinner