These Fajita Veggies are an assortment of peppers and onions, cooked together with a simple, yet tasty blend of spices. A quick and easy meatless meal or side dish option that’s healthy and packed with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 bell peppers (I like to use several different colors), thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot and shimmering, add in the peppers, onion, spices, salt and pepper. Stir to combine so that the veggies are fully coated in the oil and spices.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, for 15-22 minutes. The cook time will depend on how tender and caramelized you want the veggies. 15 minutes is perfect for me, but the veggies can be cooked a few minutes longer. Towards the end, try not to stir too often so that the veggies can get a little charred.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Store leftover cooled veggies in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze cooked and cooled vegetables in a freezer-safe, airtight container or plastic bag for up to about 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter at room temperature.
- Reheat thawed or chilled cooked fajita veggies in the microwave for a couple of minutes, until warmed through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 134
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 903.7 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fajita vegetables, vegetarian fajitas, fajita veggies recipe