- 1 pound of pasta (I used Farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons f olive oil
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts, quartered or halved
- 2 cups of cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of water (plus more as needed)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1/2 cup of walnuts/ pecans
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Put your pasta on to cook in a large pot and cook according to instructions and desired done-ness. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat and then add in the brussles sprouts and butternut squash chunks. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water, cover the pot, and let steam for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the veggies are tender and the squash can be easily pierced with a fork. Take off of heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, veggies, nuts, and dressing. Toss to coat.
- ENJOY! I prefer this pasta salad warm but it also tastes pretty good cold!