- 8 handfuls of greens
- 1/4 cup of liquid, I’ve found that water is best but you can use any kind of milk or coconut water
- Start with 2 handfuls of the greens in the blender with a few tablespoons of liquid. Blend until just liquified. If need be, you can add in more liquid, one tablespoon at a time.
- Blend just until it’s liquified. It’s okay if there are still some green chunks in it.
- Add in 2 more handfuls of the greens and blend until liquified. Add liquid if needed, one tablespoon at a time.
- Repeat until all of your greens are liquified and let the blender run until there are no green chunks left.
- Pour the liquid greens into molds and place in a flat surface in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove green cubes from the mold and place in a freezer back. Store in the freezer until needed.
- ENJOY lots of green smoothies while not wasting any food :)
Please note that this “recipe” is a rough estimate, obviously if you have more or less greens that need freezing, you can adjust it to fit your needs.[br]How many cubes do you need per smoothie?? See point #8 above. For my average sized ice mold, I need about 7 cubes of greens per green smoothie recipe (that makes 2 servings).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Smoothie