Learn how to make Garlic Confit and start elevating your favorite meals! A simple combination of garlic, olive oil and rosemary is cooked in the oven, low and slow. The result is soft, buttery garlic with a delicious savory-sweet flavor that can be added to a variety of dishes to enhance the taste. You can use it as a spread on toast, to make garlic dip, to blend in soup, and so much more!
- Cloves from 3 heads of garlic, peeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of olive oil (you need enough to cover the coves of garlic)
- Optional: 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place the garlic cloves into a small oven safe dish and cover with the olive oil. Place the rosemary into the dish so that it’s also submerged in the oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 2 hours until the garlic cloves are golden and easily pierced with a fork.
- Let the garlic cool to the touch and remove the herbs. Place the garlic + the oil in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.* ENJOY!
*there is a risk of botulance if the garlic confit is stored improperly. You can learn more about it HERE. Always store it in the fridge and use it within 2 weeks.
Freeze: this can be frozen for up to 2 months. To use, simply place in the fridge and bring to room temperature and use within about a week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: spread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Confit garlic, garlic confit recipe