- 1/2 a butternut squash, thickly spiralized
- 2 zucchini squash, thickly spiralized
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- Oil for the noodles and for the garlic (I’ve been using this avocado oilbut olive oil also works great)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of parsley, finely chopped
- optional: parmesan cheese for topping (HERE‘s a great vegan option to buy and HERE to make some for yourself)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a large baking tray, toss the butternut squash and zucchini noodles in about 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the noodles are at your desired tenderness.
- When the noodles are nearly ready to take out of the oven, start the garlic by sautéing it in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium low heat. For the crispy garlic, continue to sauté it, stirring frequently, until it begins to take on a dark brown color–BUT be careful not to burn it! Once done, take off of heat and let cool slightly.
- Once the noodles are out of the oven and have cooled for a couple minutes, toss in the parsley and garlic and parmesan (if using). Sprinkle on a bit more salt and pepper if desired and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes