Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Pasta is tender pasta in a rich and creamy tomato sauce with garlic, diced shallot, tomato paste and red pepper flakes. This recipe is so simple and delicious that it has quickly become one of my go-to dishes when I’m craving pasta! It’s super easy to make and can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound pasta of choice (it’s classically served with elbow macaroni)
- 1/4 cup olive oil*
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of vodka (optional)*
- 1 cup of heavy cream (see note below for a vegan version!)
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Once done, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, start the sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat up the olive oil. Once hot, add in the garlic and shallot and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 additional minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in vodka and then add in the cream and pepper flakes and mix to combine.
- Mix in the cooked pasta as well as ½ cup of pasta water, the butter, and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and serve with basil + an extra sprinkle of parmesan!
Olive oil – The original recipe would have you use ½ cup of olive oil but I tested it with just ¼ cup and preferred that.
Vodka – you can easily leave out the vodka and this will still taste amazing! Maybe save a little extra pasta water in case you want the sauce a little thinner.
To make this vegan – you can swap the cream for thick oat milk or (my preference) for full fat coconut milk. You could leave out the parmesan and simply add in a little nutritional yeast HOWEVER, I would suggest picking up some vegan parmesan (Violife makes an amazing one!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American, Italian
Keywords: gigi hadid vodka pasta, gigi hadid vodka sauce, gigi hadid pasta recipe