- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- heaping 1/2 cup of creamy almond butter (other nut/ seed butters will work as well)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4–1/2 cup of walnuts depending on your preference (you can also omit these)
- optional: chocolate chips for topping
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tin by either greasing it or lining it with muffin liners.
- Using a blender or the bowl of a food processor, add in the banana, egg, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, salt, and baking soda.
- Process for a couple minutes until the mixture is fully combined. It’ll have a pretty runny consistency.
- Add in the walnuts and stir with a spoon.
- Divide the mixture up evenly among 6 muffin cups. This batter does not rise very much so it’s okay to fill them up almost to the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes taking the muffins out after about 5 minutes to add the chocolate chips on. If you add them on before baking, they’ll sink into the batter.
- Once done, let cool and ENJOY!!