Crispy and golden, Greek Fries are potatoes that are cut into strips, coated in oil and a homemade Greek spice mix, then baked to perfection. Serve your fries with fresh herbs, crumbled feta, lemon zest and dill sauce and watch the rave reviews come in!
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into wedges or thinner strips*
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup of fresh chopped dill
- Crumbled feta
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet. If you don’t have a large one, then you can use 2 smaller ones.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for 10-30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and then place them on a clean towel and dry them off completely.
- Place the potatoes into a large bowl (I dry off the bowl I soaked them in and use that same bowl) and then drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on the oregano, thyme, garlic and onion powder plus the salt and pepper. Toss to combine so the the fries are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet. They can be close together, but you DO NOT want them touching or else they will not crisp up properly.
- Bake the potatoes for 30-45 minutes (this depends largely on the size- wedges will need more time) flipping after the first 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle on the lemon zest, parsley, and dill. Serve with a sprinkle of crumbled feta and a squeeze of lemon juice as desired and ENJOY!
*the width of the potatoes doesn’t really matter, it’s up to your personal preference. HOWEVER, it is important that you aim to make all of the fries the same size so that they bake evenly.
**I love the skins on my fries but you can peel the potatoes if you’d like.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Greek, American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 312.4 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.9 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Greek fries, baked fries, baked French fries