Super simple and delicious avocado tacos that are perfect for summer grilling season!
- 4 California Avocados, sliced in half
- 1/2 pound of cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro lightly packed (optional)
- 1/4–1/2 of a jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayo
- 1–2 tablespoons of hot sauce
- cherry tomatoes for serving
- 8 corn tortillas for sering
- Pre-heat your grill to low, around 350 degrees F. Once hot, carefully grease the grill by dipping a paper towel in oil and brushing it on the grates. Place the avocados, skin side UP, on the grill and close the lid for 5 minutes. The avocados are done once they have nice grill marks on them. Gently remove the flesh from the skin and slices the avocados into thick slices (about 1/3 of an inch thick each). Set aside.
- Make the slaw by mixing together the cabbage, salt, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayo and hot sauce until fully combined.
- Assembly the tacos by evenly dividing the avocado slices among the tortillas. Top with the slaw, mayo, and additional toppings and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan tacos, avocado tacos, grilled avocados