Easy and delicious vegan carrot muffins!
- 1 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1-1 substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ½ cup of grated carrot (I use a medium grate but you can also finely grate them)
- ¼ cup of chopped walnuts or pecans plus more for topping if desired (you can also omit the nuts completely)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the grated carrot and nuts.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Top with a few more chopped nuts if desired and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan breakfast, vegan muffin, healthy breakfast