These Homemade Snickers are easy to make and a healthier version that everyone will love!
- 1 ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of plant based milk
Caramel layer peanut:
- 1 packed cup of Natural Delights Medjool dates, pitted (about 12–14 dates)
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½–¾ cup of raw peanuts
- 1 cup of chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. a small loaf pan or 8×8 square pan would also work ok.
- Make the nougat by combining the oat flour, maple syrup, and milk in a medium bowl. Mix until fully combined and then press the mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Place in the fridge to chill while you make the caramel layer.
- Make the caramel sauce by combining the dates, nut butter, and vanilla and a food processor. Blend until little to no chunks of date remain (see video for reference). This may take a few minutes of pulsing. Once blended, fold in the peanuts.
- Gently spread the date caramel on top of the nougat layer doing your best to get the top smooth and even. Place in the freeze to chill for about an hour.
- Once solid, remove from the pan and cut into 6-9 long bars. The size doesn’t really matter and is just personal preference. I made some larger ones and some smaller.
- In a shallow bowl, melt together the chocolate and coconut oil. I did this in the microwave in 30 second increments but you can also do this in a double boiler. Dip each bar in the chocolate, tapping off excess, and place on a parchment/ silicon lined baked tray.
- Place in the fridge/ freezer to harden the chocolate and ENJOY! Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge
*if your dates are a little dry, you can soak them for 30 minutes in warm water before using. After soaking, gently squeeze of excess water before adding them to the food processor.
- Category: dessert
- Method: chilling
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan snickers, healthy snickers, homemade snickers