- 1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin (canned or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, softened
- 4 tablespoons of water, plus more if needed
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Mix the pumpkin, softened coconut oil, and water together in a large bowl.
- Then mix in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder
- Mix it a bit and then stir in the egg.
- Continue to stir until it’s ALL combined. This might take a good minutes and feel free to add a touch more water in order to get all of the mixture into one solid, slightly sticky ball.
- Once done, roll the dough out on a floured surface to ~1/4 inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out treats. These can be as small or as large as you want them (depending on the size of your dogs. I realize not everyone has giant dogs like me)
- Place prepared dough treats on a lined/ greased baking sheet and bake for ~30 minutes (depending on size) or until dough has hardened.
- Let cool and enjoy your pups excitement!
***Important update!: If you don’t cook these treats until they’re totally dry and hard (like a traditional dog biscuit) then you need to store these in the refrigerator! Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to put them in the fridge to store them.