- 1 bell pepper (I used half yellow, half red), diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 4–5 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 cans (roughly 24 oz) of diced tomatoes with green chilis (plain diced tomatoes is also okay)
- 1 can (15 oz) of beans (I used a can of 3 bean medley: black, white, and kidney beans)
- 1 can (15 oz) of canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Dash of cinnamon (~1/8 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (I used organic coconut oil)
- In a very large skillet, heat your oil. Add in the pepper, onion, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Pushing all of the veggies to the sides of the pan, add in the ground turkey and cook until done.
- Stir in the tomato, beans, and pumpkin until it’s all mixed together nicely. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: chili powder, cumin, and S&P. Mix thoroughly, continuing to simmer.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and ENJOY!
- Optional: top with plain greek yogurt or sour cream (and cheese if you so desire).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes