Healthy Rice Crispy Chocolate Bars- this vegan dessert comes together in one big bowl, requires NO baking, and is ready in no time!
- 3 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (I also tried this with ghee and it was great!)
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (can also use your favorite chocolate bar broken up into pieces)
- 1 cup of your favorite seed/ nut/ whatever butter- I have tried these with peanut butter, almond butter, and my favorite- COOKIE BUTTER!
- Prepare a 9×9 pan (or something of roughly similar size) by lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add in the coconut oil, maple cyrup, dark chocolate, and nut butter. Melt in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring in between, until completely melted and mixed together.
- Add in the rice crispy cereal and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down until even in the pan. Gently wet your hands before doing so and the mixture won’t stick to your hands as bad.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden and then ENJOY!
- Store in an air tight container either on the counter for 2 days or in the fridge for up to a week.