- 2 cans of crescent rolls (you need roughly 16 crescent rolls…check to make sure they’re vegan!)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika (or more if you can take the heat :))
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 15 ounce can of refried beans (check can to make sure they’re vegan!)
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- optional: sprinkle with nutritional yeast before baking
- optional: vegan butter for brushing the rolls
- 2 7 ounce boxes of Wholly Guacamole for serving!
- Cilantro for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a baking tray (preferably a round pizza tray).
- In a medium skillet, heat your oil over medium heat and add in the onion, pepper, and spices. Stirring frequently, sauté until the onion becomes translucent, about 8 minutes. Once done, take off of heat and set aside.
- Unroll the rolls and lay them flat on the pizza tray with the shortest edge facing the center of the pan (see photos if this is confusing.) You want the rolls to overlap each other by about 2/3 of an inch as they go around the pan. Leave about a 6-8 inch circle in the middle of the crescent roll ring.
- Spread the refried beans out evenly across the inner half of each crescent roll (again, see photo above).
- Top the beans with the sautéed veggies and then top it all off with the tomatoes (plus the nutritional yeast if you’re adding it).
- Taking the outer tip of each roll, fold it over the bean and veggie mixture and tuck it under the inner part of your ring.
- Optional: brush the tops of the rolls with a bit of melted vegan butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is a nice deep golden brown color and the bottom of the wreath is cooked (I check this by simply using a fork to lift up the wreath a little).
- Serve with the Wholly Guacamole in a cute bowl in the middle of the wreath and sprinkled with a touch of freshly chopped cilantro.